Updated: Sep 26
When you write about a single topic on a blog and nothing else, then it is called a Niche Blog. A Blog with a singular objective in mind and only caters to a specialized topic is a Niche Blog. While Niche Blogs sound like they are monotonous and not much fun, they are the type of Blog that gains a dedicated following of readers and sees the most success online. The most popular blog topics can be harnesses using Niche Blogs.
1. Why You Should Start a Niche Blog
Most readers like to experience variety when it comes to blogs, but when it boils down to saving RSS feeds for sharing or even reading later, they prefer niche Blogs.
Among the many reasons to start a Niche Blog, it helps to keep Bloggers on-track with a single focus in mind. Niche Blogs also give Bloggers the access to an audience which is reliable and dedicated to reading your content. These are blog niches that make money to the maximum extent. Niche blogging ideas are a hotbed of activity online currently
Such unparalleled focus makes it very easy to monetize the respective Blog with ads that are closely associated with the blog content. Another reason to start a Niche Blog is that such Blogs can expand ones knowledge in a particular topic and domain to a great extent.
2. How you can benefit from Niche WP Blogs?
Want to Make Money From Your WordPress Blog? You Need a Niche
The best way to make money from a WordPress Blog is to find your Niche, and stick to it
You can also use your Blog to aid your business, fundraising activities and driving traffic and potential customers to your website and Business.
What is WordPress?
WordPress is the most popular free Content Management System/CMS, known globally for its ease of use for online purposes. This can range anything from standard Blogs and news sites to fully functional online stores and portfolios. Its open-source nature makes it viable for easy downloads, installations, modifications and a whole lot more. This can even work for commercial reasons.
The very fact that the WordPress Platform has great ease of use with respect to Content Management System/CMS makes it the choice of millions across the world – around almost 60 million sites. It beats out all other competition such as Drupal and Joomla effortlessly.
The simple nature of the platform leads to massive customization possibilities. While it is a common occurrence to have users give up on CMS’s because of them being too convoluted, such a happening never occurs with WordPress. It is also suitable for small businesses as well as large corporations.
Users are able to add a new content entry to their website using only two clicks. Next, the user will have to Click New>Post from the front end, after which it can be published when ready.
Competition between developers
The popularity of WP means there will be plenty of developers across the world competing with each other by coming up with new extensions and themes for WP. This will help enhance the product comprehensively with each new update.
Ease of access
Users can access the admin panel at the respective URLs as long as the hosting is functional. One can also customize the site from any given mobile or computer device which is online.
Dreamweaver vs WordPress
WordPress does not need coding knowledge or the services of a web developer. WP has a user-friendly admin panel the lets users to work on their site while in the middle of an uneventful task in everyday routine.
Analyse your content performance
A content author will require objective viewpoints on what works and what doesn’t with their readers. The comment and share functionality allows authors to monitor user engagement, and discard inappropriate user inputs.
These include WP extensions which can add desired bonus features, WP Revisions which include changes to a webpage and saving versions, and even the mobile readiness of WP. This also offers easy syncing with popular resources such as email marketing tools and more. WP forums are also a great way to get problems with web pages resolved quickly by opening up discussions with the forum groups
While WP sites have the advantage of easy access, it also opens up the web site to attacks from hackers and viruses alike. This is especially true when WP is on default settings.
Layouts and design editing in CSS and HTML
Beginners who want to make their layouts and designs may find things to be hard when starting out.
WordPress maintenance challenges
WP being an update sensitive platform will need to be checked for compatibility with an existing version of WordPress engine.
In terms of hosting needs, WP needs a lot – an updated hosting plan to run WP smoothly, an also check if the version of the OS is compatible.
These include WP not being a perfect fit for large stores, it not having enough features for heavy content and also that WP is not meant for massive enterprises.
3. About the Product
Niche WordPress Blogs have a host of features that can interest users worldwide. Some of the most prominent pros and cons of such a unique product are listed below.
1. Less Competition: the biggest advantage of running a niche blog is that, by its very definition, Niche Blogs are extremely rare and will have overall less competition in terms of traffic, products and affiliate product sales and everything related to it.
2. Easier to Get Visitors to Subscribe: as an extension of the above advantage, most site visitors may also be subscribing to other sites regularly. By being a blog with extremely unique and distinct content it will be easier to convince users to visit your site.
3. Unique Content is Easier to create: considering the fact that unique content will have lesser alternatives over the web, therefore plagiarism and duplication of pre-existing content is virtually eliminated.
4. Higher Value for Advertisers: All ad sponsors looking for highly focused traffic will find that a niche blog will be the best place to sell any product quickly. Therefore Niche blogs can quote higher rates for the same amount of traffic when compared to generic blogs.
6. Better reader retention: lesser competition from other blogs means, your readers are a lot less likely to unsubscribe from your mailing list. This means it is easier to retain readers over a longer period of time.
7. Higher Search Engine Rankings: Niche Blogs will have better SERPs due to their novelty factor and the specificity of the searches.
8. Easier Monetization: this is also made possible as the Niche blog will be of higher value than other blogs of a generic nature
While there are no major disadvantages to creating and running a Niche Blog, there are a few points that users will have to keep in mind. In some cases, Niche Blogs have a tendency to gain momentum and grow out of their Niche and into a major trending topic. The fact that the topic is rare will mean that there may actually be slightly lower traffic potential. This coupled with the fact that there are fewer options for monetization, the lower search volumes and the eventual risk of the Niche itself becoming obsolete is a concern to some users.
But such drawbacks can be easily overcome by proper planning and clean and methodical execution.
In the end, the reasons and benefits to creating a Niche Blog website far outweighs the risks associated with the same. A user looking to increase web site traffic, create an online following, or even just market and sell products will benefit greatly from running a Niche blog. In case you are looking to boost online sales, drive traffic to your online services website or even gain a massive readership for your existing Blog, A Niche WordPress Blog is the best way to go about it!