Updated: Nov 9
What better time to escape into another world than in the middle of the pandemic? Cosplayers have been doing this for quite some time now. Cosplaying is a great way to put a smile on someone's face in these times of uncertainty. Here is an interview with Alex, a cosplayer from Siberia who has been doing this for a while.
1. What made you take up Cosplay? Since when have you been cosplaying?
2. You look like one of those rare people who have good ab muscle definition. Do you workout? Do you use cosplay as motivation to workout?
It’s really good to hear as I sure am losing fit during quarantine hehe. But I'm not really about working out! Spider Gwen looks that good simply because of the costume print, it really, well, brings out all the best. Also, I’m a dancer and exercise regularly, but not really for the physique. So yeah, no diet, just trying to eat healthily, not succeeding. The only healthy thing I do is drinking pure water all the time.
3. Are you studying, or working?
I’m currently working as a freelance copywriter, mostly writing about board games.
4. You said you were a dancer, can I know more about it?
I tried different styles and now I’m into acrobatic rock and roll (formation), it’s rather sporty and I also teach kids.
5. What kind of exercise are you into? Do you hit the gym?
Normally you wouldn’t see me in a gym, but I enjoyed it at the time, esp treadmill.
6. What is your average day like, during the Pandemic?
Wake up around noon, work, games, tv-series, work again. Also, I broke a leg a month ago (at home, yeah), so I spend the whole day on a couch. I was working at home, when I stood up my leg was numb so I tried to walk faster and that’s it. Crack, cry, one day of normal life and then a cast.
7. Did your friend make a “break a leg” joke?
Yeah, I thought about that joke but there is no such saying in Russian.
8. Which character have you cosplayed that you most identify with?
This is a tricky one. I would say, Mogami Kyoko, as she is an actress and it is kinda similar to what I experience with cosplay. I also wanted to tell you I cosplayed Gwen for a con to participate on stage and I performed in the mask and en pointe (supposed to be Gwen from the Spider-verse movie). That was a challenge for me. Those photos without the mask were actually random. Also waiting for photos from the photoshoot.
You'll be surprised when the next San Diego Comic-Con will be held! Subscribe! to know more!
9. What are the top 3 things you would do as soon as your leg heals. And the top 3 things you would do when we won't need masks anymore to meet other people?
I'll have to do a lot of housework. I also want to just walk the street although it's covered in snow already. And make some looks for Halloween ofc! I'm really looking forward to doing makeup with bright lips, I miss it a lot. I also like meeting new people and going to cosplay cons!
10. How’s life in Russia these days? What would you like to see in Russia, which people have access to in other parts of the world?
It's just life, my bear says hi. It's just not like life in Siberia is that different). I live in the third biggest city in Russia, Novosibirsk. Would be great to have Disneyland or Universal in Russia.
11. What are the best things about Siberia?
Watching people's reactions when you tell that you're from there. Although, actually being equally close to Europe and Asia is kinda nice.
Like this post and want more? Subscribe! and get the next one delivered directly to your inbox.